Our History

In 1955 Vernon and Leroy (Pete) Zignego started Zignego Paving Contractors. All of their sons joined the family business, and in 1980 they started ZIGNEGO READY MIX, INC. with a delivery fleet of rear discharge ready mix trucks. The first ready mix concrete facility was built in Pewaukee WI followed a few years later with a larger facility being built in West Allis WI, which has become their largest facility with two actual batching plants on site. Within their first decade they expanded to Sturtevant (Racine) WI. By the second decade of the business, the third generation had been welcomed into the family business. At the turn of the millennium, the Richfield WI facility and then the Johnson Creek WI facility were added. During this time, Zignego pioneered the introduction of Front Discharge Mixer trucks to Southeast Wisconsin, soon updating its fleet to strictly all front discharge mixers, along with adding bulk product delivery tractors and trailers. The philosophy of this growing family business maintains the traditions of their fathers’ motto “Quality in All Things”, applying it to today’s business challenges.